At The Island we are always interested in hearing from highly motivated, enthusiastic and passionate individuals, who are seeking to build their career within the hospitality industry.
If you possess these qualities and would like to work with our great team, we would love to hear from you!
Please register your interest by sending your current resume and cover letter to -
firstname.lastname@example.org for kitchen positions
email@example.com for front of house positions
firstname.lastname@example.org for bar and barista positions
Casual Chef De Partie
We are looking for an ambitious chef with a great attitude, creativity and flair. 25+ hours on offer for the right person. This is your chance to work with like-minded, food passionate people and build your career. Be part of a team that works in a kitchen that can produce top quality modern gastro pub cuisine.
· Fully qualified
· Minimum 3 years experience in similar roles and venue gained from working in commercial kitchens
· Permanent resident or Australian citizen
· Ability to work at a fast pace in larger establishments
· Experience as a pizza chef highly regarded
· Focused on building a career
· Adaptable and reliable with a can do attitude
· A passion for food and knowledge of current food trends
· Commercial cooking qualifications
· High standards with excellent work ethics
· Proven longevity in past employment
· A sound understanding and practice of OHS procedures and food safety
· High level of grooming and personal hygiene
If you are passionate about food, have had previous experience in a similar role and would like to be part of an exciting team that will take you to the next level, apply NOW by forwarding a current resume to email@example.com
We are on the hunt for experienced baristas!
Applicants must be:
- passionate about coffee and customer service
- able to pump out great coffees during busy services
- confident with grinder adjustments, steaming/texturing milk and basic latte art
- available on weekends
- fun and outgoing
BAR AND FLOOR EXPERIENCE WILL BE HIGHLY REGARDED!
If you feel you tick the boxes, then please drop by with your resume, or forward it to firstname.lastname@example.org
· Great Team
· Central location
· Growth opportunity with highly regarded venue
Full Job Description
About the Venue
Situated right in the CBD this iconic venue boasts incredible views of the river and Perth city skyline. Consisting of both indoor and outdoor alfresco dining and trading 7 days a week it is patronised by both corporate and leisure clients, this extensive establishment’s hosts many sundowners, private functions and events. The contemporary menu is constantly evolving and is designed to cater for the diverse market segments and client base. It is further complimented by a well-rounded cocktail, wine and drinks list.
About the Role
An exciting growth opportunity exists for a passionate, creative and driven Head Chef to join us.
You MUST be an enthusiastic, creative and team oriented leader with a passion for producing GREAT quality food, focusing on local produce and delivering this at reasonable prices.
We not only need a skilled chef but a great leader and business manager. You will have the ability to lead, coach, support, motivate and develop a team of culinary professionals.
On a day to day basis you will be in charge of managing; multiple service periods and menus, people, administration and financial aspects of the business. You will ensure that a culture of operational excellence and exceptional food standards are evident across all aspects of this role.
Collaborating closely with the Restaurant Manager, you will be expected to ensure all staff both FOH and kitchen work together as a team to maintain the highest standards.
· You are a qualified Head Chef with extensive experience in managing kitchen teams, in particular experience within large and fast paced establishments.
· You are a professional, efficient and creative leader that thrives on multitasking and attention to detail.
· You are an effective communicator who takes responsibility and is focused on both the administration and operations sides of your role.
· A strong financial acumen is needed in this role to have a clear understanding of budgets, percentages and factors effecting costs.
· Experience with reportage and leading regular staff meetings is also essential.
Only applicants successful in obtaining an interview will be contacted.
If this sounds like you please APPLY NOW by emailing a resume and cover letter to; email@example.com
For a confidential discussion please call Marisa on 9243 2711 or drop in your resume to The Island at Elizabeth Quay.